Bruce Beresford-Redman Custody Trial Set for November



Bruce Beresford-Redman is due in court this fall, but not for the murder of his wife. At least not yet.

The TV producer is seeking custody of his two children, five-year old Camila and three-year old Alec, but is being met with resistance from the sisters of his late wife, Monica.

Both haven’t been shy about accusing Beresford-Redman of killing their sibling during a Cancun vacation in April, and both plan on fighting Bruce for the kids in court.

Now, a Los Angeles judge has set a November 8 trial date to determine custody of Camila and Alec. Said Judge Mitchell Beckloff: “Things can go on for quite a long time and I want to get this matter settled – as does the family.”

Bruce Beresford-Redman Photo

Read more here:
Bruce Beresford-Redman Custody Trial Set for November

Share

Sister-in-Law to Bruce Beresford-Redman: How Could You?!?



Late last week, Bruce Beresford-Redman showed up in court to fight for his late wife’s estate.

But the most tense drama took place outside the courtroom, as the former television producer and accused murderer was confronted by Jeane Burgos, the sister of Monica Beresford-Redman.

Referring to the allegation that Bruce killed Monica on a Cancun vacation in April, Burgos screamed at him: “How could you do that to my sister?!?”

Bruce Beresford-Redman

Added Monica’s other sister: “Divine justice is going to get you!”

Witnesses say Bruce hear these insults, but ignored them. He was in court to respond to questions about a will he and his wife signed in 2008. Judge Mitchell Beckloff did not make a decision about it, however, and has scheduled another hearing for June 29.

See original here:
Sister-in-Law to Bruce Beresford-Redman: How Could You?!?

Share

Bruce Beresford-Redman to Friends: Help!



Bruce Beresford-Redman stands accused of murdering his wife.

But the TV producer claims he’s innocent, and is now asking friends to help him prove it.

In a mass email obtained by TMZ, Beresford-Redman writes to acquaintances and requests their assistance in convincing a Mexican judge that he deserves bail. Bruce writes:

“…my wife Monica was killed on our recent trip to Mexico, and now unfortunately, the Mexican authorities have decided to charge me with the crime. I am innocent and intend to fight in court both here and in Mexico.”

Bruce Beresford-Redman Letter

Bruce and Monica had two children, and Beresford-Redman cites their well-being when adding:

“As I am likely to be detained in the U.S. while fighting extradition, I am asking you if you are willing to write a letter on my behalf.

Share

Bruce Beresford-Redman Proclaims Innocence, Responds to Arrest Warrant



For the first time since his wife was killed in Cancun, Bruce Beresford-Redman has spoken out.

The former Survivor producer has officially been charged with “qualified homicide” by Mexican authorities, seven weeks after Monica Beresford-Redman was found strangled to death in a sewer near the Moon Palace resort, where the couple had been on vacation.

“I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death,” Bruce said in a statement yesterday, responding to his arrest warrant. “I am innocent.”

Bruce has been the sole person of interest in the case because sources confirmed he’d been having an affair, and witnesses spotted Bruce and Monica arguing on the beach the night she was killed.

Bruce Beresford-Redman Image

Continued Bruce in his statement:

“Monica was the axis around which our whole family revolved. From her sisters and parents to my parents and of course to our children and me, she was everything to us. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient.”

Beresford-Redman returned to the United States last week, against the wishes of Mexican officials. He’s filed for full custody of his two young children. If necessary, Mexican authorities will extradite him to their country.

Attorney Richard G. Hirsch referred to the warrant as “extremely disturbing” and said his client was “innocent of this crime and is prepared to defend himself in a court of law.”

He’ll eventually get the chance to.

See the original post here:
Bruce Beresford-Redman Proclaims Innocence, Responds to Arrest Warrant

Share

Prosecutors to Seek Murder Charge Against Bruce Beresford-Redman



It won’t be long until former TV producer Bruce Beresford-Redman is arrested for killing his wife.

According to the suspect’s attorney, Jaime Cancino Leon, prosecutors will make their decision early next week – and the most likely charge will be first-degree murder, stemming from the death of Monica Beresford-Redman last month in Cancun.

Cancino told TMZ he’s displeased with Mexican officials because it’s easier for them to simply charge his client than actually investigate the case.

“Bruce has never had the chance to defend himself,” the lawyer said. “They didn’t even give him the chance to participate in the investigation.”

Bruce Beresford-Redman

If a Mexican judge determines there’s probable cause to charge Beresford-Redman, he’ll likely get extradited to that country. A conviction of of first-degree murder there results in a prison sentence of four to 20 years.

Read more:
Prosecutors to Seek Murder Charge Against Bruce Beresford-Redman

Share

Bruce Beresford-Redman Returns to Los Angeles, Begins Custody Battle



A month after his late wife’s body was flown to the United States, Bruce Beresford-Redman was permitted to leave Mexico and return to Los Angeles.

Now, the former TV producer suspected of murdering Monica Beresford-Redman and stuffing her body in a Cancun sewer on April 8, is taking the necessary steps to regain custody of his children.

Bruce Beresford-Redman Picture

Speaking to TMZ, attorney Richard Hirsch says that his client has not been accused of a crime. Therefore, he possesses this legal right and “that is probably what is going to happen next.”

While Bruce was detained and questioned in Mexico, his parents were looking after his two kids. They filed for custody a few weeks ago.

Beresford-Redman is still considered a “person of interest” in his wife’s death, according to Mexican authorities.

Read more:
Bruce Beresford-Redman Returns to Los Angeles, Begins Custody Battle

Share